Wednesday 17 February 2010

A trickle of water

The start of our third day of In Country Training. I thought I would get some exercise (after last nights "Heavy Load" comment). Also a good idea to make the most of the hotel facilities before we are placed in our permanent accommodation.

Unfortunately the pool was being disinfected and therefor out of action. So I decided to go for a run. I wore my bright red VSO t-shirt out on my shorts and trainers and was off.

I thought I would try out some of our new Twi (the local language), greetings on route. Unfortunately I had said good evening to everyone instead of good morning, no wonder I got such funny looks, (only found out later in the day).

Managed a good run and avoided all the taxis that kept stopping to ask if I needed a lift. It was very hot even though it was only 7am.

I got back to the hotel and got in the shower to disciver the water was off and all we had was a tiny trickle. Well by now I was red in the face from the heat and really needed a shower. I couldn't even go down to the pool shower because I had managed to get shower gel everywhere.

Oh well the joys of being in Ghana, but am still loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment